Inside My Mind

The crazy life of a theatre major at a small southern college!

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I'm Back!

Ok so A LOT has gone on since my last post. Like 2 years I think. I am currently a sophomore in college in NC and a theatre major. I'm going to try and write here at least once a week about the crazy happenings of life as a college student. My favorite time of day is around 5PM. This when my friends and I go to the caf and eat. We are pretty much just one big dysfunctional family. Most of the people are either a theatre major, a clogger, or in the same fraternity together. We can fit about 15-20 people at our little circle table by the door. You really never know what the conversation will be like at our table. It could be anywhere from trying to figure out what a word means to a sex ed convo. You will not leave the table without laughing your rear off! Usually at some point, some sort of food fight happens and one of the guys tries to throw something at another one of the guys. Another of my favorite times is during theatre lab. My theatre lab class is on Wednesdays from 3 to 5. We usually just paint sets in our class because there is only 6 of us in the class. I LOVE this class, even though I'm not very good at anything we ever do in that class. Everyone in lab is also a part of our table in the caf. We sing a lot in lab. Like today we sang turkey carols, they're like Christmas carols but they're about Thanksgiving. Our first production this year was A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum. During labs for that show we made up our own version called A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Farm. It included songs called Everybody Outta Have A Cow, Bring Me My Pitchfork, and many others. Oh fun times in lab. I do love my big dysfunctional theatre family very much. I can't wait to see what crazy adventures will happen the rest of the semester!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home